Tuesday, May 6, 2008

getting started

Ok, so I have avoided it for a while but am giving into my urges and starting a blog. This will be my attempt to connect with other knitters (and other people in general!) and expand my craft and grow as a person blah blah blah... Basically I just want a place to show off what I actually finish and seek help when having issues (this happens a lot!).

My husband is in the Coast Guard and we are living in Puerto Rico so my knitting friends are far far away. I have learned one very valuable lesson since moving here. People who live in an endless summer don't knit much. I have been unsuccesful in finding a lys. In fact, the only place I have found that sells yarn here is Walmart...can you say itchy acrylic crap?!? Alas I am a stranded knitter living out of my element and forced to buy all my yarn online. If anyone happens to know of a great lys in Puerto Rico please advise (and tell that store to start advertising dang it!) Online shopping is fine and can be fun, but I miss the ability to go to the store and touch before I buy.

No comments: