Thursday, May 8, 2008

trying to get motivated...but getting distracted instead

Ok, so I am trying to get motivated to work on a baby blanket for my sister. It is the "Big Bad Baby Blanket from the first Stitch n' Bitch book. I am kind of an ADD knitter and get bored easily so I have never made anything quite so monotonous before. I prefer to make things that have more complicated instructions so that they keep my interest, but I really like the look of this blanket when it is finished. Am I the only one who has this problem? Anyway, I have been distracting myself from the blanket by searching for things to make as Christmas gifts this year (another thing I need to get working on!). I find myself with a long list of things to do and not enough time to work on them all. And the one thing that has the biggest time restraint (the blanket) I can't get motivated on! My dearest friend, Julia, made a beautiful blanket for my son when I was pregnant and told me that she made almost the entire thing while in the car on a road trip. I suppose I could tell my husband to start driving laps around the island while I work on this one, or just go get myself stuck in San Juan rush hour traffic. I will post pictures of my pathetic progress soon. Also getting to work on posting pictures of some finished projects... much more exciting.

No comments: