Thursday, May 15, 2008

My birthday is coming!

So here is the pathetic progress I have made on the baby blanket for my sister. I haven't had time to work on it since my last post but am feeling much more motivated. I plan to work on it today and post more when I get further. I really love the yarn I am using for it. I chose to use Lion brand microspun. It does split a little if you aren't paying attention but it is super soft and washable (very important for baby items!). The pattern recommends a different yarn that I am sure is very nice but it isn't washable. That just doesn't make for a practical baby gift. What new mom has time for handwashing a blanket everytime it get puked or pooped on!? It would either never get used, or be ruined very quickly.

My birthday is coming up and my wonderful husband is planning a trip to La Paguera. We will either go diving or kayaking. Can't wait! Anybody who is near that area of the island must eat at El Manglar! The best food and atmosphere without the crowded touristy feel of San Juan! My second favorite place - Calypso in Rincon!

No comments: