Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year

I don't really believe in New Years resolutions. I think that if something is worth doing you shouldn't wait until January to get started on it. I do however believe in setting goals for myself, and what better time to evaluate and set new goals than in the New Year. Let's not argue too much about how the two things are so similar...they are different to me!

Anyway, I have a few goals for 2009. First is to GRADUATE!!!!!! I am so ready to finish this degree! As of right now I will be taking a break from school in March to go to Julia's wedding, but other than that...NO BREAKS!
My second goal is to (are you ready for this?) run a marathon. Yes you read correctly a full 26.3 miles! This is not a goal to get into shape (too much like a resolution) because I already workout pretty regularly and enjoy running. I am setting this goal as a means to challenge myself and any fitness and endurance gained along the way is icing on the cake (which I won't be eating much of since I am training to run a marathon!) It is something I have secretly wanted to do for a long time and figure if I don't set a specific goal for it, it will never happen.


So this is me proclaiming out loud (in print) that I will accomplish these things in 2009. Wish me luck and stamina!

No comments: